About Me

My photo
Australia
Self Taught Bead Artist

Thursday 1 December 2011

Christmas is around the corner...

It's currently 1:03am 1/12/11. Wow, first day of December, already!!




And due to it being December, and December usually signifying CHRISTMAS TIME, it's time to start making all the Christmas presents. I love making people things; the only problem with deadlines is the stress, cos I'm not that great at time management... haha.



So. It is now 1:07. I finished the first gift about half an hour (40 minutes?) ago, and now I'm ready to share it with you (but it's really hush hush till Christmas, so my little sister doesn't find out!!):






I'm calling it "Laura's Rainbow Cuff"






These pictures aren't that great (what do you expect? T'were taken at some unearthly hour of the night/morning... :P ), there will be better ones in times to come.



I made the cabochons out of polymer clay, using a plaited rainbow technique. Turned out pretty cool! Maybe I can develop good polymer clay skills... :D Anyways, polymer clay cabochons and bead embroidery. This is my first ever actual cuff (y'know, with a metal cuff blank as the 'lining' and all)! What do you think? I'm quite happy with how it turned out. :D I hope she likes it!



Meg





2 comments:

  1. It's very charming! Your letters and cabs are sweet and using the dark beads and reainbow edges really supports them and lets them shine. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Marsha! :D My sister loves it, she hasn't stopped wearing it! :D :D

    ReplyDelete